Unmatched Litigation and Trial Experience in Wildfire Cases
Unmatched litigation and trial experience in national wildfire cases for over three decades. Shawn Caine has held Court Appointed leadership positions in some of the largest cases in United States History. Shawn was also awarded the California Lawyer Attorneys of the Year (CLAY) award in 2021 for his work on the Woosley and Thomas fires, reaching $3.8 Billion in settlements.
Caine Law is the only firm involved in the recovery of over $30 Billion from the three largest utilities in California and who has successfully tried powerline started wildfire cases against the two Southern California Utilities.
- 2021: $2.2 Billion Settlement from Southern California Edison Company for the 2018 Woosley Fire.
- 2020: $25.5 Billion Recovery from Pacific Gas and Electric Company for the 2017 North Bay and 2018 Camp Fires.
- $11 Billion recovered for Insurers, largest ever subrogation recovery.
- 2020: $1.6 Billion Recovery from Southern California Edison Company for the 2017 Thomas Fire.
- 2016: Successfully resolved the 2011 Steiner Ranch Fire Litigation against the City of Austin, Texas.
- 2015: Successfully resolved the 2011 Bastrop Complex Fire, Texas, most destructive fire in Texas history.
- 2009: $1.1 Billion Recovery from San Diego Gas & Electric Company for the 2007 San Diego County Wildfires.
- 2009: Successfully resolved the 2002 Pines Fire Action against the United States of America.
- 1997: Successfully tried the 1993 Winchester Fire against the Southern California Edison Company.
- 1996: Successfully tried the 1993 Guejito Fire against San Diego Gas & Electric Company.
Caine Law is currently litigating over 18 wildfire cases throughout the United States, including the largest wildfire case in Kansas history. Shawn Caine has successfully resolved more than 55 wildfire cases. In May 2021, he was appointed by the San Francisco Superior Court as Co-Liaison for the 2019 Kincade Fire, which resulted in several hundreds of millions of dollars in losses.
The firm also represents farming and cattle ranching operations throughout the Southwest, and has negotiated and litigated high stakes business and real estate transactions for clients in California.
Dedicated to Clients
Caine Law is dedicated to our clients. We demonstrate this commitment through reliable communication and exceptional services. Our Law Firm provides legal services on a more personal, responsive, and cost-effective caliber than larger law firms. This dedication is exemplified by Shawn’s long-term clients, many of whom have been with Shawn since 1988.
We pursue cases with experience, insight, balance, and an expectation of positive results. Our clients respond in kind with trust, confidence, and respect, knowing that more than anything we desire to help them achieve their personal and business goals. This is achieved through effective counsel, sound and proven strategies, and extraordinary legal services.